I love to be inspired by what others have done.

I love to be inspired by other people's projects and goals. It challenges me to get up and get busy. I hope you're inspired to make a little progress on whatever project you've been dreaming of doing.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Homemade Donuts (or Doughnuts)

I've been collecting donut recipes lately and when I heard the boys wouldn't have basketball this morning I saw it as an opportunity to pick a recipe and try it.  The only problem was I couldn't decide which recipe to try.
So I compared the recipes I had and did my own thing.  Here are the links to the originals:  Whole Wheat cake Donuts, Basic Cake Donuts, Cake Donuts, and Better Homes and Gardens Best Doughnuts

3 1/2 c flour (1/2 ww, 1/2 white)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 sugar (I used 1/3c sucanat w/honey, 1/3 c sucanat)
3 eggs
2/3 c milk
1/4 melted butter

I mixed dry & wet ingredients separately and then combined.  I chilled the dough - long enough to unload the dishdrain and wash the dishes (not very long).  Rolled on a floured surface (really just patted with my hand) and cut with a donut cutter.  Fried in oil at 370.  They were yummy - I love cake doughnuts.  Next time I'll try a recipe with yeast (my dh's favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment