I love to be inspired by what others have done.

I love to be inspired by other people's projects and goals. It challenges me to get up and get busy. I hope you're inspired to make a little progress on whatever project you've been dreaming of doing.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finished objects

One of my goals for January was to put a new cover/cushion on the  foot stool used at our house for piano practice.  I  claimed it seven or so years ago from my mother's basement.  (I think I was going to do needlepoint for it about two decades ago...that never happened). 
It's always looked rather pathetic and then recently the fabric that was covering it shredded (It actually had been covered three times by it's previous owners).  After looking for fabric for a few months, I finally found a piece at Hobby Lobby (on clearance for $4/yd) that I thought would be perfect.  Tonight, I finished a cover for dd's cello stool to match.  For $1.35 + tax I have two "new" stools.  I picked up the foam back in November when I had new cushions cut for my sofa.  The store threw it in for free, but it was marked $1.00.  I did have to piece the cover for the cello stool since I hadn't planned to cover it originally, the 1/3 yd I bought wasn't quite wide enough.  Judging from the use of the stool in the past week it is a hit with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment