Here's the recipe.
- 1 quart strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- optional: 3-5 drops for red food coloring (I DO NOT USE THIS!!)
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shells
- whipped cream ( or Cool Whip)
- Crush 1 cup of red ripe strawberries, add water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add water, if necessary, to make 1 cup liquid.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt and add to liquid.
- Stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- Cool (and add red food coloring).
- Place remaining whole strawberries in baked pie shell.
- Pour the glaze over the berries.
- Top the pie with whipped cream.