I love to be inspired by what others have done.

I love to be inspired by other people's projects and goals. It challenges me to get up and get busy. I hope you're inspired to make a little progress on whatever project you've been dreaming of doing.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Laundry Tub Skirt

 One of my Mother's Day requests was time to sew...so while the oldest dd cleaned up the kitchen after lunch (dh had bought crab cakes) I made the skirt for my laundry tub/counter.  I am thrilled to have a sink in my laundry room.  The skirt is velcroed to the frame the dh built.
A friend of mine uses dental floss when she gathers fabric...I tried it and was pleased with the result.  I'm not sure I would use this method on clothes but it was quick and easy here.    I was concerned about breaking the pulling threads due to the weight of the canvas - I zig zagged over the floss and pulled.  (If you look closely you can see that I did not rip out the hem seam from the painting cloth I used for fabric...I was on a mission to complete my project and didn't feel it was necessary).  There is still some finish work in the laundry room...but we're trying to get the 1/2 bath functional before company arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment