I love to be inspired by what others have done.

I love to be inspired by other people's projects and goals. It challenges me to get up and get busy. I hope you're inspired to make a little progress on whatever project you've been dreaming of doing.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

When I saw this recipe in the February/March 2011 Cook's Country I knew I had to make it.  My husband enjoys mint chocolate chip ice cream so I thought this cake would be perfect for our anniversary.  Bob had planned to take me out to dinner yesterday so I made it today.

When I went to make the icing I realized my bag of bittersweet chocolate chips was almost empty (it had been unopened shortly before)...fortunately a friend stopped by to drop something off and in the process of showing her my laundry room (or lack of laundry room) I found the missing chocolate chips.  Yes, I did pick them off the floor and use them.  I had been planning to make this cake since January and I wasn't going to be stopped by chocolate chips that were on the floor.  (I didn't have more)
Someone also sampled the cake in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment