I love to be inspired by what others have done.

I love to be inspired by other people's projects and goals. It challenges me to get up and get busy. I hope you're inspired to make a little progress on whatever project you've been dreaming of doing.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Fun - Easter Eggs

We started off the day with the chidren looking for some items we could dye our eggs with.  Here's what they came up with. 

These are my first two ripe (almost) strawberries...sorry, we can't use them. 

Buttercups & dandelions...can definitely use them.

Red cabbage...that will work. 


The blue eggs are from the red cabbage.  The brownish/red(on the bottom) were from the frozen strawberries we did use.  They are actually quite pretty if real life.  The yellow is the dandelions/buttercups.  We printed some with leaves (wrapped the egg/leaf in pantyhose) and wrapped some with rubber bands.  I cooked the eggs in the dye...so the wax came off of the ones we wrote on. We also put some in purple dye from blue-eyed grass, but they didn't color - we should have used more flowers.  It was a pretty color in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment